Hospice Volunteer Services
Our volunteers are mature, reliable and compassionate people who provide services to you and your family. Whether in your home or in a facility, our volunteers will provide companionship, help with simple errands, ensure peace of mind, provide clerical services or will create crafts to lift your spirits. Our hospice volunteers are screened and receive comprehensive, specialized hospice training to ensure reliable and compassionate care. Our focus is to provide comfort and dignity when faced with a terminal illness. Grane Hospice provides a team-oriented approach to care that includes medical, social, emotional and spiritual support during this difficult time.
Our volunteers provide services such as:
“Volunteering my time to help Grane Hospice patients has been personally rewarding for me in so many ways. I feel like I get out way more than I give many times. It is very self-satisfying to be there for those in need, knowing I am making a difference.”
- Patient Care visits consisting of talking and reading to patients, holding their hands and taking patients outdoors.
- Caretaker Relief where volunteers provide companionship to the patient while the full-time caretaker takes a break away from their patient to run errands.
- Community Outreach Groups, schools and churches share time and gifts through music performances, visits and encouragement cards.
- Tuck-in Calls are friendly, weekly phone calls to home patients regarding their medication, supply needs and a friendly hello.
- Pet Therapy Volunteers share their trained dogs with patients who are animal lovers.
- Hand-Made Crafts such as Cards, lap blankets and floral arrangements are created by volunteers for comfort and happiness to patients.
- Vigil Volunteers share a comforting presence with a patient and their family in the final hours of their earthly life.
- Bereavement Volunteers support family members after a loss of a loved one through cards, phone calls and visits.
Become an Earth Angel Today! Click Here.
Memory Bears made by our Pittsburgh hospice volunteers.